When using Khan Academy Kids for the first time, parents will be prompted to set up an account using a parent’s email address.
Why do I need to enter an email address?
An email account is required so users don’t lose their learning progress if they delete the app or switch devices. Having an account enables users to run the app from any supported device while continuing to learn on their personalized path.
Can I use my Khan Academy account?
Khan Academy users, please note that the Khan Academy Kids mobile app is separate from the Khan Academy website and requires a separate account. Sign up for a new account to activate the Khan Academy Kids mobile app.
Follow these steps to set up an account:
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet. An internet connection is required to access all of the learning content for the Khan Academy Kids program. We are frequently publishing new lessons, and this comprehensive app would be prohibitively large if we embedded everything into a single download.
- Open the Khan Academy Kids app on your device.
- Select Sign Up.
- Follow the steps to enter and verify the email address
- A verification email with the title "Please confirm your email with Khan Academy Kids" will be sent to your email account from "firstname.lastname@example.org". If you did not receive a verification email, please check these steps.
- Open the email from "email@example.com" and click the "verify email" button.
- Return to the app and click "Next" to create a user account.
- After inputting your child’s first name, age and avatar, you will be ready to play the app!
Who do I contact for questions about the app?
You can reach our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or consult more of our support articles, here. We are always happy to hear feedback, answer questions, or help users get started with Khan Academy Kids!