If you'd like to install the Khan Academy Kids app on multiple devices, the app will require a password to log in to your account.
To set up a password on Khan Academy Kids:
- Download Khan Academy Kids onto an additional device.
- On the Sign Up screen, tap “Sign in with Khan Kids account”.
- On the Welcome Back screen, sign in to the app by entering the email address for the Khan Academy Kids account and tap “Or Set Password” and click next.
- A 4-digit code will be sent to your email account.
- Check your email and open the message to retrieve the 4-digit code.
- Open the Khan Academy Kids app and enter the code to complete the sign in process.
- If the app resets, be sure to select "Sign in with a Khan Kids account" on the Sign Up screen, then input your account email and the 4 digit code.
- Follow the prompts to create a personalized password for your account.
To change a password:
Head to the Parent Section (Home screen > user avatar > For Parents) in the app and tap on the dropdown menu on your email address to select "Change Password."
If you do not receive a passcode:
If you did not receive a password code via email, it's possible it arrived in spam or junk mail, or it was blocked altogether. Please search your email for a message from "firstname.lastname@example.org", and add that email to your email contacts list before regenerating another password reset. Contact email@example.com if you'd like assistance.
If your password keeps resetting or is showing incorrect:
Sorry for this trouble. There are a few things that could be going on. Please check the following:
- A Khan Academy password will not work for Khan Kids. A Khan Academy password will not work in the "Khan Academy Kids" mobile app. Please note the Khan Academy Kids mobile app for kids ages 2-8 is not linked to the main Khan Academy website. Separate emails and passwords are required for each system.
- Multiple devices and users can cause conflicting password resets. If you are using the app on multiple devices, and a password is reset on one device, this will generate a password prompt on all devices which could create conflicting passcodes and errors. Please reset on a single device, ensure that the new password works, and then log in to other devices one at a time.
- Signing out will require a password to sign back in. Recent versions of the app make it possible to "sign out" of a user account so multiple accounts can share devices. Signing out and signing back in will prompt users for a password. The password reset function is very close to the password entry field, so inadvertent resets could potentially be happening in this case.
- Teacher accounts require a password. Recent versions of the app include "Teacher Tools" with a teacher administrator account. This type of administrative account requires a password to enter the app every time, which could cause resets to happen occasionally. Within Teacher Settings, there is a way to turn off a required password for the Teacher Admin section of the app.