If you’re using a Class Account, you have a unique Class Code that you can find in your Teacher Settings. Students can use the Class Code to sign into Khan Kids. If you created your account with Clever, you will not have a Khan Kids Class Code. Students will use their Clever account information to sign into Khan Kids. Learn more about using Khan Kids with Clever here.
Follow this path to learn how to use Class Codes:
Step 1: Find your Class Code
Open the app and tap your teacher avatar. Enter your password to access your teacher view. Select Teacher Settings in the top left corner to find your Class Code. If you do not see a code in Teacher Settings, then you created your account with Clever. Learn more here.
You can copy or generate a new Class Code at any time by tapping the dropdown menu next to the code. Please note that if you generate a new Class Code, your old code will no longer work. You will need to share the new code with students and families so they can join your class.
If you change your password, your Class Code will automatically change too. This feature is in place to make sure all accounts are secure. If you change or reset your password, find your new Class Code in Teacher Settings and be sure to share the new code with students and families.
Step 2: Share your Class Code
To share your Class Code, tap Share Class Code in Teacher Settings. You will see a screen with a Text Code (39VT38) and a Scan Code. When students/parents use the code they will be able to choose whether to type it in or scan it with their device’s camera.
|Note: The code "39VT38" is a sample code.|
You have 3 options for sharing your Class Code:
You may want to print out Class Codes for students to use inside the classroom or to send home to parents.
Save to Camera Roll
You can use this option to send the Class Code to parents or students via other methods (text, other classroom apps).
Email as PDF
This will generate an email to parents that includes a message from you, along with the Class Code and instructions for using it to sign in. All you have to do is enter email addresses and press Send.
Please note that if you change your password or generate a new Class Code, you will need to distribute new Class Codes. Do not post your code on social media since it will allow others to access your Class Account. Your teacher view will always require a password so students will not be able to see the teacher dashboard.
Step 3. Use a Class Code to sign in.
Click here to download a handout that shows students and parents how to use a Class Code in 4 easy steps.
1. Download the free Khan Academy Kids app onto a mobile device. The app can be downloaded for free from the Apple, Google Play, or the Amazon app stores. Note: If you already have Khan Academy Kids on your device, you'll need to sign out of your existing account before using a Class Code.
2. Open the Khan Academy Kids app and tap Sign in with Class Code in the top right corner of the Sign Up screen. A dialog will pop up asking whether you want to Type or Scan a code.
3. Type or scan the Class Code.
|If you select Type Code, type the Code into the dialog (e.g., 39VT38) ⬇️||If you select Scan Code, give Khan Kids access to use your camera and scan the code. ⬇️|
You do not have to print out the code to be able to use it. You can scan it directly from another screen or device.
4. Choose a whole-class view or individual student view. A dialog will ask "Who will be using this device?”
- If students are sharing devices at school, select your class name under Pick the whole class.
- If students are using 1:1 devices at school, or if students are using Khan Kids at home, select a student name under Or pick a student.
5. Super! You are signed in to the Class account. You will either see one student’s avatar or all the avatars in the whole class.
|Pick the whole class||Or pick a student|