Clever is a free digital learning platform that many schools use for rostering, messaging, and student information. If you use Clever at your school, you can use your account information to sign into Khan Kids.
- To learn how to create your Khan Kids account through Clever, click here.
- To learn how to sign in to Khan Kids with your Clever account information, click here.
- For notes on using Clever sign-in on a Chromebook, click here.
Your Clever roster will automatically sync with Khan Kids, and your students will be able to use their Clever Badge to sign in to the app. Additionally, student progress will stay with students, even if they switch classes or move to the next grade level. As long as students stay within the same school district, their progress in Khan Kids will travel with them.
In order to use Khan Kids with Clever, teachers and students must have the free Khan Academy Kids app installed directly on a mobile device. Khan Kids can be downloaded from the Apple, Google Play, or Amazon app store on smartphones, tablets, and Chromebooks.
Create your Khan Kids account
Note: It is best to do this on a mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or Chromebook. If you are using a desktop computer, click here.
- Download the free Khan Academy Kids app on a school-provided device or a personal smartphone/tablet from the Apple, Google Play, or Amazon app store. Do not open the app after downloading.
- On that same device, open a web browser, like Safari or Google Chrome.
- Go to www.clever.com, select "Log in as a teacher," and enter your Clever account credentials.
- Tap the Khan Kids icon from the Clever Portal. You may need to add it from the Clever Library if you haven't already.
- This will trigger the Khan Academy Kids app to open and you will be signed in automatically.
- The app will walk you through a short process of onboarding your class. If you have the same students rostered in multiple classes, please only select one (e.g., Homeroom). Otherwise, students will have to choose which class to enter each time they sign in.
If you would like to be able to sign in directly inside the Khan Kids app with a username and password, please click here to see how to set that up.
One last note: Make sure you make Khan Kids visible to students so they can see the app on your Teacher Page!
Sign in with Clever
Once you’ve created your Khan Kids account through Clever, you can sign in by tapping the Khan Kids icon in your Clever Teacher Portal. Make sure you are on a mobile device or a Chromebook that has the Khan Academy Kids app installed. The free Khan Kids app must be installed from the Apple, Google Play, or Amazon app store directly on the device in order for this to work.
Similarly, students can sign in by tapping the Khan Kids icon from your Teacher Page. Students will need to be on a mobile device or a Chromebook that has the Khan Academy Kids app installed. The free Khan Kids app must be installed from the Apple, Google Play, or Amazon app store directly on the device in order for this to work.
Students can also sign in through the Khan Kids app directly. They'll pen the Khan Kids app, select Sign in with Clever, and scan their Clever Badge. If you would like to sign in directly inside the Khan Kids app with a username and password, please click here to see how to set that up.
Getting started with Khan Kids on a desktop computer
If you prefer to access your Clever portal on a desktop computer, you can still create a Khan Kids account to get your students started! Just know that you will not be able to use the Khan Kids app on a desktop computer. Teachers and students can access Khan Academy Kids on a mobile device or a Chromebook.
- Log in through the Clever Portal on your desktop computer.
- Use the search bar at the top of the page. Type in “Khan Academy Kids” and select Install.
- Tap the Khan Kids icon and select the classes you would like to onboard.
- Make sure you make Khan Kids visible to students so they can see the app on your Teacher Page!
Signing in with Clever on a Chromebook
If you have downloaded the Khan Academy Kids app from the Google Play Store, and it's not opening when tapped from Clever, please check your Chromebook Settings. Go to to Apps > Manage your apps > Khan Kids, and look for an option that says "Open in browser" or "Open in app." The correct selection is "Open in app." Unfortunately, this setting is not available in the Google Admin Console to push out globally.
Questions? Our technical support team is here to help! Send an email to email@example.com
Or, reach out to Clever via their Help Center.