Below are our favorite podcast recommendations for children ages 2-8. This list was created by our Senior Learning Science Analyst at Khan Academy. Happy listening!
- Stories Podcast - Modernized fairy tales plus some originals with a friendly tone and catchy songs.
- Story Pirates - Children submit stories and comedians turn them into comedy sketches and songs. This is a friendly and positive podcast and includes interviews with child authors.
- Circle Round - Traditional fables with celebrity guest stars.
- What If World? - This podcast takes "what if" questions and turns them into detailed stories. It's also likely to inspire giggles and creativity!
- Wow in the World! - Two wacky recurring characters have adventures based on new discoveries in science. Their website has lesson plans and activities for each episode.
- Brains On! - Answers kids' questions about how things work. We find this podcast to be really thoughtful and well-produced.
- Tumble Podcast - Focused on the scientific process and scientific discoveries. This podcast has an abundance of interviews with scientists.
- Noodle Loaf - Fun, short, music-education podcast from an elementary music educator. This production builds foundational music skills like repetition, rhythm, and movement.