Join us in July for Camp Khan Kids, a free, self-paced summer learning program for children ages 2–8. The camp guides parents and children in a playful educational journey using Khan Academy Kids as a launchpad into hands-on learning. Feel free to mix and match activities to fit your family's needs (we'll keep our schedules up throughout the year). We can't wait for you to read, play, and learn with Camp Khan Kids!
Welcome to Camp 🏕
Hello friends! 👋 For those joining Camp Khan Kids, here is a welcome message from our camp counselor. We can’t wait to get going on Monday, July 4th. Hooray for summer learning!
- Read the welcome message
July 4: Wonderful Wings Week 🐝
Welcome to Wonderful Wings Week at Camp Khan Kids! This week kids can learn about winged creatures, great and small, who soar to great heights in glorious ways. Join us to take a closer look at the fascinating world of butterflies, bees, birds, and more!
- Go to Wonderful Wings Week
July 11: Travel the World Week 🌎
Let’s go globetrotting! This week at Camp Khan Kids we’re uniting tiny travelers around the world. Set off to explore all of the Earth’s continents in your travel vehicle of choice. Then, learn about geography, conservation, and the joy of the journey.
- Go to Travel the World Week
July 18: Baby Animals Week 🐷
Come along, cubs, it’s Baby Animals Week at Camp Khan Kids! Get ready to cuddle up with the world’s cutest animal buddies. This week kids can learn about calves, foals, ducklings, piglets, puppies, and more!
- Go to Baby Animals Week
July 25: Friendship Week 💕
We’re celebrating people and friendships during the final week of Camp Khan Kids 2022! Read sweet stories about making new friends, helping others, and being grateful for all of the special people in our lives. So come along—it’s time for our together-adventure!
- Go to Friendship Week
How to participate
- View the camp’s schedule on the web: A full schedule of activities will be linked to each week listed above.
- Khan Kids email account: Registered users in the Khan Academy Kids app will receive an email each week in July with the camp’s weekly schedule. To receive the email, make sure you have the Khan Academy Kids app installed on your device and that you have signed up for a Khan Kids account with your email address. It’s all free!
- Update the app to see the lessons: Remember to keep the app updated, because new books and lessons are coming to Khan Kids this summer, and they’re going to be GREAT! Read these tips for accessing the lessons in our app’s Library.
- Print the worksheets and activities: If you have access to a printer, a supplemental activity packet will be available for download each week.
- Household items for daily play: Each day includes a suggestion for a play-based activity. Having paper, cardboard boxes, markers, scissors, natural objects, and recycled household items should cover most of it.
- Spanish: See the Camp Khan Kids 2022 overview page in Spanish, which includes a link to more Spanish resources.
- Ask us anything! Do you have any questions? We're here to help. Send an email to email@example.com so we can provide assistance.
Special thanks to our partners
We couldn’t design this camp without the wonderful participation of our partners. Special thanks to Bellwether Media for their fascinating nonfiction books, Climate Science for their earth-friendly expertise, Super Simple Songs for their videos and crafts, Alo Yoga for their fun movement videos, and Moshi Sleep for mood and mindfulness activities.
Older than 8?
Does your young learner have an older sibling or friend? Check out Camp Khan for students in 3rd grade and above. It's a 31-day challenge for learners to complete 30-minutes of learning each day in July. Sign up here!
Share your learnings
Having fun during Camp Khan Kids? Share your photos and stories with us on social media. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, and include #CampKhanKids on your posts! You’re also welcome to submit your child’s artwork here.
Join the art show
We had so many joyful art submissions in 2022, that we decided to host an art show. Come join us!
Tell a friend
Invite a friend to camp to Camp Khan Kids! Download the handout below to share with friends and family, or, forward this web page to them (camp.khankids.org). It's a virtual camp, so there's no limit to who can attend.
Get in touch
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback about Camp Khan Kids. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy camping!