Join us in July for Camp Khan Kids, a free, self-paced summer learning program for children ages 2–8. The camp guides parents and children in a playful educational journey using Khan Academy Kids as a launchpad into hands-on learning. Feel free to mix and match activities to fit your family's needs. If your child likes dinosaurs and rocket ships, you won’t want to miss out!
July 5–9: Dino Week 🦖
Discover dinosaurs like the Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, and T. rex! During Dino Week, children will learn about dinosaurs up close with our colorful and factual books. They’ll also get to watch a special episode of Dinosaur Circle Time, do some dino yoga, color dinos, and go on a dinosaur egg hunt!
July 12–16: Make & Create Week 🎨
Make, create, and celebrate with Camp Khan Kids! Did you know that Khan Academy Kids is turning three this week? Yes, we launched this app in 2018, and it’s been an incredible ride ever since. This week, kids can draw, tinker, cut, and color to nurture creativity and self-expression. After the birthday celebration, each day will feature a fine art like dance, cooking, music, and painting.
July 19–23: Science & Space Week 🚀
Launch into science, soar through space, and discover the wonders of our world! This week, kids will learn facts about the solar system, test their scientific knowledge, stimulate the senses, and explore the earth. A special episode of Circle Time introduces children to space-themed stories. If your child dreams about being an astronaut or scientist someday, their story may start here!
July 26–30: Animal Adventures Week 🐋
Wander into the wild with amazing animals from our oceans, lands, and skies. Start with the most magnificent predator in the ocean: the Great White Shark! Continue with reptiles, amphibians, birds, and pets. Kids can unleash their imagination on their own virtual safari. Little learners end the week by making a DIY pet carrier made from recycled materials. Too cute!
How to participate
- Internet access to view the camp’s schedule: A schedule for each week will be sent to our users via email and linked to a web page. Families will need to access those web pages to watch the videos, download the printables, and find directions to the lessons in the app.
- Khan Kids email account: Registered users in the Khan Academy Kids app will receive an email each week in July with the camp’s weekly schedule. To receive the email, make sure you have the Khan Academy Kids, app installed on your device and that you have signed up for a Khan Kids account with your email address. It’s all free!
- Update the app to see the lessons: Remember to keep the app updated, because new books and lessons are coming to Khan Kids this summer, and they’re going to be GREAT! Read these tips for accessing the lessons in our app’s Library.
- Print the worksheets and activities: If you have access to a printer, a supplemental activity packet will be available for download each week.
- Household items for daily play: Each day includes a suggestion for a play-based activity. Having paper, markers, scissors, recycled materials, natural objects, and kitchen supplies should cover most of it.
- Spanish: For Spanish-speaking families, the schedule for each week and the printable activities will be translated into Spanish. However, the content inside the app is only in English at this time.
Do you have any questions? We're here to help. Send an email to email@example.com so we can provide assistance.
Special thanks to our partners
We couldn’t design this camp without the wonderful participation of our partners. Special thanks to Bellwether Media for their fascinating nonfiction books, Caitie’s Classroom and the team at Super Simple Songs for their videos and crafts, Alo Gives for their fun physical activities, Tinkergarten for outdoor play inspiration and sensational summer calendar, National Geographic for helping us get wild about animals, and Moshi Sleep for mood and mindfulness activities. This program was made possible by AT&T's commitment to support summer learning. Learn more about AT&T's efforts to bridge the digital divide and narrow the homework gap.
Older than 8?
Does your young learner have an older sibling or friend? Check out Big Khan Academy’s summer learning opportunities for students in 3rd grade and above.