Join us in July for Camp Khan Kids, a free, self-paced summer learning program for children ages 2–8. The camp guides parents and children in a playful educational journey using Khan Academy Kids as a launchpad into hands-on learning. Use our camp schedules to mix and match activities to fit your family's needs at any time of day. We can't wait for you to read, play, and learn with Camp Khan Kids.
Welcome Letter 🏕
Hello friends! 👋 Here is a welcome message from Camp Counselor Lorraine. We can't wait to see everyone this month. Hooray for summer learning!
- Read the welcome message
July 3: Water Week 🐳
Welcome to Water Week at Camp Khan Kids! This week, kids will take a deep dive into learning with sensational sea animals of the ocean realm. Explore the wonders of water by reading about magnificent mammals, colorful coral reefs, tidepool treasures, ice-blue glaciers, and more!
- Go to Water Week
July 10: Arts & Crafts Week 🎨
Welcome to Arts & Crafts Week at Camp Khan Kids. This week we’re celebrating self-expression with color and creativity. It’s also the 5th birthday of the Khan Academy Kids app—so let’s build, imagine, and create an amazing app-iversary, together!
- Go to Arts & Crafts Week
July 17: Animals & Nature Week 🌿
Welcome to Animals & Nature Week at Camp Khan Kids! This week, help kids discover the creatures and habitats in our natural world. From the largest elephant to the littlest hedgehog, we’ve got animal facts covered.
- Go to Animals & Nature Week
July 24: Music & Movement Week 🎶
Welcome to Music & Movement Week at Camp Khan Kids! Activate the senses with songs and games that get everyone moving. Tune up reading skills with action-packed stories about musical instruments, gymnastics, and team sports. Stretch to the finish line with some energetic yoga and DIY instruments!
- Go to Music & Movement Week
How to participate
- Bookmark this web page to visit in July: A full schedule of activities will be linked to each week listed above.
- Khan Kids email account: Registered users in the Khan Academy Kids app will receive an email each week in July with the camp’s weekly schedule. To receive the email, make sure you have the Khan Academy Kids app installed on your device and that you have signed up for a Khan Kids account with your email address. It’s all free! Or, sign up with your preferred email address, here.
- Update the app to see the lessons: Remember to keep the app updated, because new books and lessons are coming to Khan Kids this summer, and they’re going to be GREAT! Read these tips for accessing the lessons in our app’s Library.
- Print the worksheets and activities: If you have access to a printer, a supplemental activity packet will be available for download each week.
- Household items for daily play: Each day includes a suggestion for a play-based activity. Having paper, cardboard boxes, markers, scissors, natural objects, and recycled household items should cover most of it.
- Join the art show: See what our campers are making this year!
- Spanish: Yes, we have a version of summer camp in Spanish. You can see the activities here.
- Ask us anything! Do you have any questions? We're here to help. Send an email to email@example.com so we can provide assistance.
Special thanks to our partners
We couldn’t design this camp without the wonderful participation of our partners. Special thanks to Bellwether Media for their fascinating nonfiction books, Super Simple Songs and Caitie's Classroom for their videos and crafts, Crayola Education for their creative inspiration, Alo Yoga for their fun movement videos, and more to be announced!
Share your learnings
Having fun during Camp Khan Kids? Share your photos and stories with us on social media. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, and include #campkhankids on your posts! You’re also welcome to submit your child’s artwork here.
Join the art show
Tell a friend
Invite a friend to camp to Camp Khan Kids! Download the handout below to share with friends and family, or, forward this web page to them (camp.khankids.org). It's a virtual camp, so there's no limit to who can attend.
Older than 8?
If you have kids older than 8, check out the "Get Ready for Grade Level" courses on Khan Academy's website for summertime math practice.
In addition, our friends at Crayola Education are offering summer learning resources for kids ages 6-12. Don't miss out! Visit their "Color the Summer" webpage here.
Get in touch
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback about Camp Khan Kids. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy camping!